March 30, 2008

A pinny and a pleat.

Aprons, pinnies, smocks – whatever. You can never have enough. Especially when they're 50's style, linen, with a cute pocket and tea towel loop. I made this one last weekend with my ever dwindling supply of linen. I think I need to stock up again! (fabric-store.com here I come).



I got the pattern from Amy Butler's 'Stitches ' book. To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the fabrics used and some of the excessive frills, but if you can see past all that, the basic patterns are really simple and easy! Some of the projects even come with paper pattern pieces in the front of the book (unfortunately not the apron.)




The other book in this series that is REALLY great is 'Simple Sewing' by Lotta Jansdotta - the Scandinavian textile designer. The colours and fabric used are beautiful... Lotta's website is also quite inspiring.



On a totally unrelated note - I just started listening to 'The Cave Singers' new album. Amazing!

1 comment:

k-lo said...

Lizzie - it's very sweet - and great photography