January 24, 2009

doodles.

I bought myself a new fineliner this week (0.5 - superfine!) to do some doodles and then I got a little carried away...

Above drawing is based on the Mehndi patterns painted on the hands of brides from South Asia, Southwest Asia and North Africa
. The drawing below is a based on the Dalecarlien horse from Sweden. I love his square shape.

I'm a little bit sick of making cards so I thought perhaps I might make some limited two colour gooco prints to pop in the shop... Any other thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

1 comment:

TNT said...

hey lizzy, beautiful drawings!

Just an idea - I would like some book plates to write Leo's name on and stick inside his books, and to place inside books I give as gifts. I'd often like to write inside the cover in books, but tend to leave it blank in case the recipient wants to return it. So if I wrote on a book plate, they could stick in my message themselves...

I'd also like nice labels or ties to attach to jars of tea and herbs. Maybe in a few sizes, to suit different sized containers...?