February 28, 2008

760 something patches.

It's been a very busy week. Lots of new work coming in. Started back teaching. But amid the chaos, I've had quilting on my mind.

I know quilting sounds really nanna but around this time last year a friend got me into it and I became quite obsessed. I dreamt of quilts for months and had rather grand plans. However, after many hours of sewing to complete my first quilt, my back was so sore I had to give it a rest (and that was only a baby quilt!).




So, a year later, I'm finally attempting another quilt. It may be suicidal but it's a queen size. I've calculated that I need to sew together over 760 of these small squares. So far I've cut out about 200 which alone took most of an afternoon... I don't expect this to be a short term project so stay tuned for progress reports. These are some shots of my first patches and colours.



Since I took these photos I've been thinking about incorporating some solid colours - maybe some linen to continue my theme...not sure. It might be nice to have some different textures among the patches - or maybe that will be too scratchy. I'll let you know!

1 comment:

Clairsy said...

Lizzy, that is looking freaking hot! I love your colours. Is that "friend" you're referring to me? Ooh, I hope so. Go nana power : )