February 4, 2008



Finally, the pot holder. It looks okay from afar but the top stitching went a stray due to the bulk of the 3 layers of wadding I used on the inside plus the two outer layers of material... I used the same linen and red striped cotton material as the oven mitt so I now have a little set. I'm slightly regretting the little strip of yellow. Hmmm – thoughts?


I sewed the pot holder with all of the layers wrong way facing and then turned it out to top stitch around the edge. However, I think sewing everything together right sides facing out and then using some bias binding around the edge would help finish it off. This will hopefully also avoid the big gaping whole you are left with when sewing inside out...


Hopefully with the next version I can post some step by step instructions instead of my vague descriptions!



Here's a little pic of the mitt and pot holder set together. (I really need some posh product photography.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the strip of yellow Lizzie :-)
Together, they are very fetching!