February 17, 2008

Camping & Calico

Here's a little pic of my recent camping trip to NSW. It was a little soggy and windy but we did get one amazing day at Wonboyn National Park – see below. One of the most beautiful places in the world... ahh.




While in the rush leaving for our trip, I managed to drag one of my fellow campers along to the closing down sale of Calico & Chintz in Auburn Rd, Hawthorn VIC. Although I got some some great bargains (see below) is was a sad day to see such a beautiful shop close. The shop mainly sold quilting fabrics but they also ran quilting classes. I'll definitely miss it... (I think the shop is still open till the 23rd of Feb with 50% of all printed fabric in case anyone is interested.)



How great is that fabric with the little green dots!!

Anyway, I did spend my weekend sewing up some bags – combining both my stash of linen and quilting fabric. I should have some pics up to show by tomorrow!

1 comment:

k-lo said...

My mum will cry at their closing! Will they reopen do you think?