November 19, 2008

Amsterdam inspires.



I went to Amsterdam today for a little inspiration – so many beautiful colours. The above image was taken at Nic Nic, a shop selling loads of 1950's Villeroy & Boch dinnerware. I could just imagine an entire table laid out in a mix of these pastel colours... I kept my hands deep in my pockets. Shame.







I then stopped into Laura Dols and found a whole wall of different coloured vintage bed linen. I want it all!


I also found this really quirky shop, Het Grote Avontuur, that sells a mixture of Dutch and Russian folk products. Random. Everything from glassware, quilts, notebook and the beautiful calandar above which illustrates traditional Dutch costumes. It's printed beautifully and each month has quite a unique design. You can buy them online here.

Lastly, but probably most importantly, was a little store called Restored. All handmade design products; bags, slippers, cushions, notebooks, ceramics.

Good day. New ideas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great place to be able to pop over for inspiration, lucky you. The links are great thankyou for sharing some of your discoveries.

Heather Moore said...

So pleased you left a comment on Skinny laMinx, cos now I've discovered your lovely blog and the gorgeous things you make. Thanks so much for visiting!

Miss Cinti - my poppet said...

Your blog is lovely. I love that vintage linen, i want it all.
I've added you to my fav blog list on my poppet so i can stop by regularily
cheers Cinti