March 15, 2009

sunday night.

Last week I attended a design conference here in The Hague and was fortunate enough to hear some great speakers. But, the best part of the conference came for me when Director of House Industries in New York, Rich Roat, spoke about a project they were doing on Alexander Girard. I must have been living under a rock because I had never heard of the this amazing designer who produced textiles for Herman Miller in the 1960's and created a really iconic and beautiful style of illustrations.


House Industries have been creating a series of products (dolls, puzzles, cushions)
based on Girard's style. They're ridiculously expensive but very beautiful! I really love the slightly crazy dolls - such great colours.





Anyway, I really found something that I could connect with in his work and just thought I'd share it with you in case you've been under the same rock as me. Have a good week.

1 comment:

jane said...

Hi! Just found your blog! It´s gorgeous. Great info! And your illustrations are beautiful! Will be back! Cheers!