March 18, 2009

wednesday night.




After my post about designer Alexander Girard – I got all inspired to take another look at some of my drawings to see if I could simplify them (a-la Girard style) down to very basic shapes. I have found myself more and more avoiding my computer but alas I've been back on illustrator digitising my little babushka friends. However, I did hand draw the leaves on the belly because I feel you just can get that same personlaity with computer...



Last night I had so many ideas I couldn't sleep... if only I had more time. Perhaps more weekend.

2 comments:

Rakei Reidy said...

Cute babushka dolls i just left my mums house were she had some very old school maori versions love 'em..!!

Anonymous said...

I actually want to get this tattooed onto myself, they are absolutely gorgeous! I am in Melbourne, have you made any softies version of these?